Sunday, July 29 OMhh Presents:
OH MY HEAVENLY HAIR PRESENTS:
International I Love Braids Day +
Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn
celebrate. braids. honor. culture
Braids Made History!
July 29th is officially International I Love Braids Day + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn by Prolamation from the Brooklyn Borough President’s Office. This day is “A joyous occassion to celebrate and honor the history and intricate design of braids as a culutural and artistic expression of beauty.”
Join us to celebrate International I Love Braids Day + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn for a magical day of braids, braids and more braids from Africa to Brooklyn.
To honor this historic occasion we’ve curated the Industry’s baddest Braiders to present culture, design, history and beauty on the runway.
Cheer-on the flyest hair shows including the 1st ever “50+ & Fabulous Models.” Pose with live braided mannequins. Get your cameras ready….participate in the flyest “Instagram Braids Walk.” Salute the IILBD award for notable contributions to the advancement of Braids!
Be informed – check out the Braids History & Culture Tent. Visit our Village for an unforgetable shopping and food experience. Dance, dance, dance, to hyped Afro-Caribbean beats (live DJ). Play games, win prizes, and so much more.
All invited. Family event. *FREE, Sunday, July 29th, 11am – 5pm
Restoration Plaza Outdoor Concourse, 1360 Fulton Street, Bed-Stuy, Brooklyn
A or C train to Nostrand Ave, B25 to Fulton & New York Ave, B44 to Fulton Nostrand Ave.
RSVP/TICKET IS REQUIRED
Click Here to RSVP!
with IILBD + BLCB Founder Debra Hare-Bey
Q. What was the inspiration for International I Love Braids Day?
A. My inspiration came from my passion, love and respect of Braids. I completely understood and adored the unparalleled culture and rich history braids represented. As a Master Pioneer Braider, it was important to create a lasting, proud legacy centered around every aspect of Braids and the talent of the Braiders. It was equally important to highlight the obvious- Braids are beautiful glamorous, attractive and all the other complimentary terms used when describing untextured hair. I am sure- YOU would agree with me, Braids are worthy of a day (International I Love Braids Day + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn) in HISTORY!
From idea to fruition, how long did it take to plan IILBD + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn?
A. It’s been over 10 years in the making.
Q. Describe the day you received the Proclamation.
A. Glorious! It was everything and more that I dreamed and planned. I could not believe It was actually happening- it had come to fruition. A day not just for me to openly love and celebrate my craft but a day the entire community near and far could officially celebrate Braids. World here we come!
DID YOU KNOW
- International I Love Braids Day + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn is *FREE. RSVP is suggested to receive gift bag (while supplies last) and access the curated festivities. Restoration is open to the public so all are welcome. *Restoration Plaza has limited space so register early.Tickets will go quickly. If you can’t attend and you registered, give your confirmation email to your replacement.
- Shop, Eat, Enjoy…. we have so much more than vendors. Each one of our mini boutiques are the best artisans, designers, jewelers and more. The food options are simply delicious. No need to pack a lunch you’ll need your hands free for all the dancing.
- International I Love Braids Day (IILBD) is an official day of celebration by Proclamation and will ALWAYS be celebrated on July 29th.
- Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn is the fun, interactive, *FREE outdoor celebration of IILBD when July 29th falls on a weekday. Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn will always follow the first day of the weekend following July 29th.
- Does International mean this Celebration will travel around the world? Yes! IILBD + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn will travel. IILBD + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn is officially July 29 and will maintain that day around the world. IILBD + BLCB will also include the name of the host city, state, country, continent- Ex: Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn/MD, Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn/Sudan, etc.
The Very First IILBD + BLCB
I was so proud!
BROOKLYN NEWS 12http://news12bk.videodownload.worldnow.com/NEWS12BK_20170802152047913AB.mp4
GIFT BAG INCLUSION
Ask about brand exposure with International I Love Braids Day + Braids Love Celebration Brooklyn. Do you have a quality product or handmade item you want to be included in the coveted gift bag. Be a part of history. Apply now.. STOP…..you must have a professional product, well made and, this is important- The natural hair community must be excited about it. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org with product info, website, IG page and telephone.
To be considered: You must have 50 items to be included in the gift bag. Your product will be reviewed.
We want YOU. If you would like to be a part of history we invite you to participate.
What we need….. help with everything!
♡ Setup (before event)
♡ Breakdown (after event)
♡ Gift bag distribution
♡ Coordinators/Run of show, Instagram Braid Walk, History & Culture Tent
Please send an email to email@example.com with your contact info detailing where you want to volunteer your services.
IMPORTANT – Please be aware:
Please be aware that by registering or attending this event, you grant OMhh Inc./International I Love Braids Day, its Event Sponsors, its Successors, Assigns and Licensees permission to utilize your name, image, likeness, acts, poses, plays, appearance, movements, and statements in any live or recorded audio, video, or photographic display or other transmission, exhibition, publication or reproduction made of, or at, the event (regardless of whether before, during or after event) for any purpose, in any manner, in any medium or context now known or hereafter developed, without further authorization from, or compensation to, you or anyone acting on your behalf.
In “Braid Love”
Published by heavenly1
Passionate about the preservation of beautiful, natural, healthy hair in unison with healthy mind, body and spirit. View all posts by heavenly1
Leave a Reply
Enter your comment here…
2nd Annual International I Love Braies Day + Braid Love Celebration Brooklyn
No upcoming events
Hours & Info
Map data ©2018 Google
3999 Mission Blvd
Lunch: 11am – 2pm
Dinner: M-Th 5pm – 11pm, Fri-Sat:5pm – 1am
Follow International I Love Braids Day….celebrate. honor. culture. beauty